Talk:Android App Development
- 1 Android Operating System
- 2 Android Application Development
- 3 Application Creator
- 4 The Final Word
Android Operating System
Android is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open-source software. It is a mobile operating system. It was designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as mobiles and tablets. The android operating system was developed under a consortium of developers called Open Handset Alliance and it was commercially sponsored by Google. This operation system first saw the light of the day in November 2007 and the first Android-based device - the HTC dream, launched in September 2008. The android operating system gives a unified approach to application development and design for mobile phones. What this means is, applications developed for the android operating system must run and install on all mobile phones powered by the Android operating system. The first SDKVwas announced in 2007, while the first commercial version of Android 1.0 of the android operating system was announced in September 2008. In the year 2012, the next upgraded version Android 4.1, of the android operating system was released by Google. It was named Jelly Bean. It was a modernized version, based on the goal to increase the user experience in terms of performance and functionality. Learning to develop an android operating system or various apps related to it, students require Android app development assignment help. They should contact professional writers for assignment help.
Android Application Development
The applications are developed for devices running the Android operating system using the android software development process. According to Google, applications can be developed using Kotlin, Java and C++ languages with support from the Android software development kit (SDK). For cross-platform apps, that can run on android and iOS, there are some programming languages that support it. Since the first SDK was released, many updations in third-party support, language support, the development environment has been made. Google Play is the official Android app distribution mechanism to the end-user. It supports gradual app release as well as pre-release app to testers.
The drag and drop feature and its functions are used for the android creators. What the developers do is, make Java language blocks for different elements. These blocks can then be easily added to our Android-based application whenever required. The students acquire skills in building these Java blocks during their tenure of android learning. They also require support in assignment writing. Android app development assignment help from professional academic writers is the best way to support themselves.
There are different types of mobile applications in the android platform. Those are given below:
These applications are developed to be applied on android or iOS operating systems or platforms. Native applications are scripted in languages that the platform undertakes. An integrated development environment (IDE), in addition, is used to develop applications for the operating system. Examples of native applications are:
1. WordPress for iOS
2. Instagram for Android
3. 2048 game for iOS
4. VLC media player for Android
The programming languages used to develop native applications are:
1. Objective C or Swift for iOS-based platform applications
2. Java and Kotlin for Android-based applications
3. VB.NET or C-Sharp for windows platform applications
Process of Android Application Development
1. Set up the environment for development like SDK, JDK, Eclipse etc
2. Built application: this step has an Android-based task
3. Pack task into a debuggable file with extension .apk.
4. Install, run, execute and debug on device, platform system.
5.Publish and announce an android application
Features of Android Applications
1. Isolated from other applications
2. Install in its own virtual process and machine
3. Components of android application can be individually activated
4. They cannot see data directly from other applications
1. In its background, a faceless element can run like a music player etc.
2. Android can stop services forcefully in case of low battery
3. Android services can start by commands such as startService()
4. If the system kills any services, it starts it again as and when resources are available.
The Final Word
The Android operating system has become an integral part of our lives. All the mobile devices work with Android operating system. Thus for the students to acquire skills in Android-based applications, they should take proper classes for the same. Professional academic writers, BookMyEssay, help students with Android app development assignments help to get good scores and earn big in their careers.