Please excuse our dust
Here are some construction notes:
Spaces (Page) L105, L3027
Assignments (CT: Title, Description, Details, ->Vocab-Academic Dept, ->Tools used, ->Requred training, ->Disciplines, Files, Tags)
Disciplines (CT: Title, Description, ->Experts, ->Tools, ->Sample Assignments)
Resources (Page? Series of pages?)
Events (CT: Title, Description, Date, ->Disciplines, ->Presenters, ->Required training, ->Provides training, ->Tools used, Files, Tags)
People (F name, L name, ->Vocab-University Relation, ->Completed training, ->Trainer, email, Links to sites)
Projects (CT: Title, Description, Images, ->Tools used, Files, ->Disciplines, Start date, End date, hours, Cost, Materials used, Tags)
Training (CT: Title, Description, ->Trainers, ->Events providing training, ->Events requiring training, ->Tools requiring training)
Tools (CT: Title, Description, ->Required Training, ->Related policy, ->Experts, Best practices, ->Assignments, ->Disciplines, ->Events, ->projects)
Scheduling (Link to external system? Or design internal system?)
Forum (General, using tools, project help)
Book: Makerspace rules and regulations
Vocabulary: Academic Departments (Math, Computer Science, Makerspace, etc.)
Vocabulary: University Relation (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate, Faculty, Staff) field: ->vocab-Academic Dept
- All makerspace users must be informed of safety equipment before starting any project.
- For safety reasons, a single makerspace user should never be left alone in the makerspace. ??
- The Makerspace is intended for personal and academic projects. Using makerspace equipment/materials for business/commercial projects is not allowed.
- All university students/faculty/staff are allowed and encouraged to use the makerspace. The makerspace staff reserve the right to temporarily or permanently ban users
- University of Wisconsin System Administrative Code (UWS 18.10 (3)) prohibits dangerous weapons on campus. It also prohibits portraying as real any object that resembles a dangerous weapon. Makerspace users are prohibited from using makerspace resources to create dangerous weapons or parts thereof.
Equipment use policy:
- Many pieces of equipment require training for safety or complexity reasons. A user may not use these pieces of equipment until the corresponding training has been completed.
- When practical and possible, student use takes priority over faculty/staff use. ??
- All content you create on this site is property of the university.
- You may not include personal information in any content you create on this site.